If you were left on a deserted island and could only eat one food and drink one liquid for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Bread and water?
- Kale salad and a green monster?
- Christmas cookies and hot chocolate?
If you picked the third choice, I’d say you were one of Santa’s Helpers. But you’d also be right in line to order a Christmas cookie tray from the HS Mission Trip team. We’re selling Christmas cookies this weekend!
Convince Beg Lovingly request that your parents order a tray! ($15/small tray & $25/large tray)
Tomorrow, 12/10/14:: HS FAMILY from 7:00-8:30 pm
- SHOP AND SERVE:: We’ll publicize our cookie event to the neighborhood and we will shop/serve by providing Christmas gifts for Luke-Dorf families. (http://www.luke-dorf.org/). IF you can get here by 6:30, please do; we will flyer some beforehand, too!!
- SATURDAY, 12/13/14: Tiny Bethlehem Rehearsal at 9:00am + HS Mission Trip–assemble Cookie Trays from Noon – 2:00pm
- SUNDAY, 12/14/14: The Tiny Bethlehem musicians, dancers and performers have put a ton of time and effort into presenting the Christmas story in a gorgeous, majestic way. Come see it at 10:00 am in the Sanctuary!
- HS Mission Trip Team: Sell cookie trays from 9:15 am – 1:00 pm. We will have cookie tasting during Coffee Fellowship!
- All Other Youth: Sell SCRIP and Jars at Coffee Fellowship!
- Join us for this awesome Sunday! Christmas Cookies are Coming to Town!!
NEXT WEDNESDAY, 12/17/14:: THE BIG CHRISTMAS PARTY/MALL SCAVENGER HUNT!!
- Let’s meet for our last time in 2014 in style…at a mall! We will get in teams (mixed MS & HS) and you’ll follow wild and crazy clues around the mall for fun and awesome prizes!!
- Meet at 6:00 SHARP (let me know if you’ll be late) at the “Cheesecake Factory” MALL entrance (to the left of Cheesecake Factory). Parent pick-up at the same place at 8:30!
- If your parents/grandparents/adult-aged siblings want to participate, please invite them! We need adults to be “planted” all around the mall as our clue giver-outers. Thanks!
- Sunday, 12/21/14: A very festive Pizza & Movie Night from 6:08-8:06 pm.
- Hosted by Rebekah Hanson in Armitage Hall…join us for Fulfilling Worship, food and a flick!
- Monday, 12/22/14: School is out, and the kids have energy to release. Kids’ Day Out will run from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, with a Fire & Ice-type Mad Science event, lunch, games, crafts and a whole lot of crazy Christmas fun. Email Laurel if you’d like to volunteer.
And you might have seen this bunches of times already, but I just have to share…one of my favorite Leonard Cohen songs with the Christmas story inserted in…Hallelujah means “praise Jehovah/God!” …….watch the video…….
Happy Tuesday! Hallelujah.