Good afternoon, Youthies!
Ready for a great week? Olders, are you ready for finals? We’ve got Tie Dye, Minutes for Mission and a holy moment around MLK, Jr. and Justice. Read more for details…
This Wednesday, Jan 14 – Youth Group Tie Dye! (Middle AND High School; 6:30-8:30 pm in the Youth House)
- Rebecca is leading our Tie Dye Extravaganza, and we’ll start our plans for leading Youth Sunday on 2/22!
- Bring 1 item to tie dye (like a t-shirt or pillowcase or a PAIR of socks–check with your parents first), and we’ll tie dye fabric for an upcoming Youth Mission fundraiser. No $$ needed.
- We get one special Sunday each year to lead our church family in the entire 10:00 am Worship! Adults and little kids LOVE seeing you on this day greeting/reading/praying/sermonizing/musicaling/sharing/loving/leading! You each have wonderful and soon-to-discover gifts to offer to God through leading Worship. Let’s find out what your own gifts are…come tonight to help us plan Youth Sunday! (Confirmation Class + HS Mission Trip Team have committed to be a part of this. See you there, friends!) Snacks and super fun will be free of charge. = )
Sunday, Jan 18-Youth Minute for Mission in 10:00 am Worship + SCRIP Sales during Coffee Fellowship
Sunday 6:08 ~ Special Justice Worship with soup dinner to celebrate MLK, Jr. and his message of Micah 6:8 justice.
Sunday, Jan 21-Youth Group (Middle and High School; 7:00-8:30 in the Youth House) gets ready for Youth Sunday, part 2.
- Come for games, prep, snacks and smiles! Most high schools have finals/finals prep this week, so come if you are able–we’ll pray for your finals!
Sunday, Jan 25 – Worship +SCRIP Sales during Coffee Fellowship
Mark Your Calendars…
- Tuesday, 2/17/15: Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras) Pancake Dinner Fundraiser for Youth Mission!
- Saturday, 2/21/15: Youth Sunday Rehearsal, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Sunday, 2/22/15: Youth Sunday!!
Happy Tuesday to you. Whether it’s been just an hour or a lot of months since you’ve been around church, know that you’re thought about, cared for and truly loved by the God who invented love(!). And we’re here for you.
Challenge 1: Think of 3 things that you really like about yourself and write them down; pray and thank God for those 3 great things.
Challenge 2: Think of 3 great things about someone you know (family, friend) and text/tell them those 3 things. (Example: Dad, you’re really great at being friendly to everyone, being goofy, and you always make me laugh. Just wanted you to know.) It might make their day! Let me know how it went.
Peace and pancakes.