Hello, Valley Youth!
I missed you guys last week…I spent a week with 4,000 other children’s ministers…that’s a lot of Sunday School teachers in one place! We’ve got some awesome stuff for you tonight and this weekend…
TONIGHT, Jan 28, 2015: 7:00-8:30pm in the Youth House: GLOW NIGHT Youth Group
- Middle and High School; we’ll have activities that glow and learn about God’s vision…finding it, living it, sharing it.
- Wear light colored clothes that GLOW; you might get a LITTLE messy, so don’t wear a prom dress or tux tonight.
KIDS’ NIGHT OUT
Friday, Jan 30, 2015: 5:15-9:15pm: Kid’s Night Out Black Light Party!
- Earn $$ for your summer mission trip or service hours for school by serving our kids with a black light party!
- Wear light colored clothes that will glow with black lights! Come for an hour or stay all night.
- Email me (Laurel@valleycommunity.org) or text me (281.300.4635) if you can come and help out with the kids. Friends are welcome (but I need a Youth Registration Form signed by their parent…you can turn it in Friday).
FEED THE HUNGRY…THEN WATCH THE SUPER BOWL
Sunday, Feb 1: Souper Bowl of Caring Offering at 9:45 am in the Sanctuary
- We, the YOUTH, have the honor of collecting the Souper Bowl of Caring offering each Super Bowl Sunday (Feb 1st this year). The $$$ goes to feeding the hungry and caring for those who need it…Project BACK and Night Strike…
- Special challenge for you: How much does your family spend on Super Bowl Groceries (or groceries each week)? $50? $100? $200? I challenge your family to give 10% of what you’ll spend on Super Bowl groceries to the Souper Bowl of Caring offering. If 25 youth give $10 each, that’s enough to feed 200 people…amazing!!
- TAKE THE CHALLENGE!! 3 Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 youth who show up on Sunday morning with their own offering. Thanks for feeding God’s hungry!
One of our Bible verses for Youth Sunday (2/22)::
1 Peter 3:18–For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.
Happy Wednesday, happy week! Let’s learn about God’s vision tonight!