We have two days of meet-ing to do…it’s written into our church tradition, so we’ve just gotta, right?
Day One: Shrove Tuesday AKA Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday, the day before Lent begins. We must:
- Eat pancakes and all things sweet, delectable and over-the-top.
- SO we’ll have a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner. Invite your friends, neighbors, teachers, family members to eat lots of pancakes and eat amazing King Cake. If you don’t know what that is, come and taste for yourself. It’s the stuff dreams are made of. =) Dinner is from 6:30-8:00 pm, but youth please arrive at 5:30 to set-up.
- NOTE: We’ll decorate and do most of the set-up on Monday from 10:00 am-Noon.
Day Two: Ash Wednesday: the first day of the Lenten season, reminding us where we come from, reflecting on WHOSE we are. We must:
- Eat pizza together (and pretend it’s a sacrifice to eat yummy cheesy goodness) and
- Worship God together, reflecting on Christ’s journey to the cross and our own salvation. Dinner begins at 5:30 and burning the ashes at 6:15; Worship at 6:30.
Join us for jazz + pancakes + King Cake + raising money for youth mission AND a day of reflection + pizza + Worshiping Holy God.
In His Name! Hope to see you tomorrow!