What do FINGER, SHOOFLY, and FUNERAL have in common???
They’re all types of pie!!
Don’t believe me? Look here: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/974881/top-10-weirdest-pie-flavors
And we actually need some pies for next weekend’s (3/13-3/14) Middle School Spring Thing (AKA Pi Day Lock-in). WE are hosting middle school youth from all over our Presbytery (yes, I’m a little scared, too…lots of energy!), and it’s going to be a blast!!
Could you bring a pie or 2?
- A Pi Day Lock-in isn’t complete without lots of pies! We’ll take homemade or store-bought, any sweet flavor of pie. (But, please, if it IS a Finger Pie, rename it…please.)
- Email me (Laurel@valleycommunity.org) to let me know how many you’ll drop by the church (by noon on Fri, 3/13). Thanks!!!!
Here’s What’s Coming Up…
Wednesday, March 4-ALL YOUTH Group, 7:00-8:30 pm in the Youth House
- Talking About Jesus in the REAL World--Do you leave a trail of Jesus’ love everywhere you go? Do you share your faith in quiet, subtle ways or even at all? Is that even our job? We’ll talk about Christianity and our culture, and how each of us can share Jesus’ love in genuine, caring ways.
- PLUS: A mission project for our own homebound church members!
Saturday, March 7–Valley goes to see Godspell at Valley Catholic!
- I have 2 extra tickets if any youth/adults want to go with us! Email me.
Sunday, March 8- Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday
- 9:30 Express Bible Study at Starbucks...6th-12th grade youth: Meet us for Bible study, fellowship and fun before Worship! (Raleigh Hills Starbucks–3 blocks from church, near Fred Meyer) We will walk back to church together for Worship.
- HS Mission Trip: Planning Group Meeting (Part 3 of 4) 11:45 am @ Youth House – Sunday
- Parents & Grandparents of Team Members Welcome!!
- 10:00 am Worship in the Sanctuary
- Can you name 10 women mentioned in the Bible? (Hint: When all else fails, just say Mary. There are many Mary-s!)
You are an invaluable gift from God.
You were created to love and to be loved.
Your life is a journey, full of hope and wisdom along the path.
Embrace it! Ask for help! Live it fully!
(And, for goodness sake, have fun living out God’s gift of you!)