How are you guys?
- Mission Trip & Triennium Meeting for ALL parents and youth!! After Extend the Table on Nov 1 in the Youth House, 12:45-1:30. If you want to go on the mission trip (MS & HS) or to Triennium (HS only), come to this meeting! You’ll learn more, have an opportunity to register for the trips, and we’ll talk about our fundraising plans.
- Signing up for the Jar Assembly Party on Nov 8 at 11:30 in the Gym…youth and parents needed, please! Add your name and how many people from your family will help fill soup/sweets/drink jars to sell.
- This Saturday, Oct 24, is the Third Day Concert!! If you have signed up, I’ll meet you at 5:45 at the Youth House to carpool together. (Otherwise, I’ll meet you at Rolling Hills near Will Call at 6:30. Ole!)
- This Sunday, Oct 25, is Children’s Sabbath Sunday. It’ll be fun. Be there…please. Thanks to the few 6th & 7th graders who are helping out!!
When you are having a day where you are totally bogged down, totally overwhelmed and totally stressed out, talk to God about it.
- Say whatever you feel to God (in your head or out loud). Tell God what you’re feeling and thinking. Pour out to God what you’re stressed about.
- Remember that God is right there next to you, totally feeling what you’re feeling with you. God knows all of our fears and stresses, and God assures us that He’s in control! Share that stuff with you, and I promise you’ll feel better…you’re never ever alone.
- Pray, pray, pray. That’s talking to God. And listen, listen, listen. Life is full of surprises and blessings, so be sure and keep your eyes open. Sometimes a beautiful sunset on a stressful day can calm you. Chocolate does that, too. And God invented chocolate, so that’s super holy, too. = )
Happy Tuesday, friends!
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10