Wonderful job to all of you who participated in Youth Sunday! Your leadership and heartfelt singing, ringing, speaking, praying, preaching and ushering were so appreciated by God and by your church family. Way to go!!
So…Are you honest about your time?
- When someone asks you to hang out with them (& you don’t really want to), do you say “Sorry, I’m busy,” or do you say, “Sorry, I don’t really want to hang out with you. No offense, you’re just not my priority right now.”
- I’m guessing you usually say something like the 1st phrase. But are you being real and honest?
- If you say the 2nd phrase, you’re being honest, but you come across as a blunt jerk. Right?
- God wants our WHOLE ENTIRE lives and ALL of our minutes, not just one hour (worship) and 15 minutes (coffee fellowship) on Sundays, if we wake up in time. God wants our 9:00 pm on Saturday nights, our 6:30 am on Tuesdays, that coveted 10:00 am Saturday morning pancake time, and even that 44 minutes when your favorite TV show is on…or whatever spare time when you get a chance to plop down on the couch and binge watch every Star Wars Episode.
Pastor Ben and I get used to hearing “I don’t have time” at church. Most all of us say it for lots of different things. But what we’re REALLY saying is…
- “That just isn’t my priority right now.” or “Other things are more important than that/you right now.”
- And you know what? That’s okay sometimes! (Like if you can’t go to 2nd period because you’ve saved a kid from drowning at the nearby swimming pool. Or if you’re busy helping a neighbor and your TV show has to wait.)
BUT…if something is really important to you, you will make time for it. No exceptions.
- This is a lifelong challenge to make time for stuff, but it means that the REALLY important things and people are always a priority. We make time [no, not like a magician], meaning we cherish those important/special/awesome God-created people and things. And, if we claim to love God and be Christians, we’ve gotta carve out time just for God. (God made us and video games…we owe Him big!!)
- Guess what? You and I and everyone else are always able to improve at making time for priorities! Remember the pie charts (circles) we made last semester…how we spend our time? That was eye-opening for me! I want my pie slices of time to reflect the love that’s in my heart. (Like 22 hours of being kind and living as a reflection of Jesus and maybe -2 minutes spent eating anchovies…no love for anchovies.)
What God says about time…
- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:17
- But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. -Matthew 6:33
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Luke 12:34
Sunday, March 6 : Extend the Table after 10am Worship! Luke is the book, come take a look!
Thursday, March 17: Maundy Thursday Worship, 6:00-7:30 pm in the Gym
Sunday, March 20: Palm Sunday
Sunday, March 27: EASTER!!!!