Warm and Fuzzy.
What if we all woke up in the morning feeling “warm and fuzzy” because we felt super special, super honored to be living on this planet, and because we felt super loved by God? I imagine we’d look all dreamy and super happy like the bunny. Or the tiny baby pig.
1st Bible spot about being special: From 1 Peter 2:9 “However, you are chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, people who belong to God. You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of God, who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
2nd Bible spot about being special: Psalm 119:73-74 “You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.”
There are many other verses about how special you are, but you’ll need to Google those.
How do we know who we are and WHOSE we are?
- Read the Bible (God’s Word. Word.) – God scribbles his love for you all over it, and God knows you super well. He even knows how many hairs are on your head (before and after you wash it). That’s love. God is interested in your thoughts and feelings.
- Pray and talk to God (in your head or say it out loud). If this is hard, journal it or take a photo to show God how you’re feeling and post it on Instagram/snapchat/wherever. (God can see it even if your friends can’t…no posting necessary.)
- Be a professional sponge – observe everything around you and ask questions. Why did God make elephants? When did hugging become a thing you did? What kind of cruel person invented braces for crooked teeth? Has anyone ever lived in a tire? All sorts of awesome learning and observing can happen when we pay really careful attention to people, objects, and ideas around us. And it’s so great for creating puns, too!
- Dream…wonder…think…feel. Your job is to love God, yourself and others. How you fulfill that job can look SO different, based on your talents, interests and situations. Snowboarders, physicists and hand models are just three passionate professions that can honor God. (Yes, these are weird examples.) Being the kindest person in your school is an amazing one, too.
Check out the Youth Calendar under EVENTS for upcoming stuff…
- March 13 – Congregational Meeting after 10:00 Worship
1724!!! – Maundy Thursday dinner and worship
- March 20 – Palm Sunday in church (let’s do the wave with palms…j/k)
- March 27 – The best day ever – EASTER! 8:00 & 10:00 am worship with a 9:00 brunch and Easter egg hunt in-between (wanna hide eggs for the littles???)
- Friday, April 1 – April Fools’ Night with a Kids’ Night Out! (We’re going on a field trip that you’ll absolutely love!!) Bring $10.
Happy National Meatball day! And Barbie day!