Youth Group (according to Wikipedia)…
Youth ministry, also commonly referred to as youth group, is an age-specific religious ministry. Faith groups or other religious organizationscarry out youth ministry to involve and engage with young people who attend their places of worship, or who live in their community. Christian youth ministry usually encompasses one or more of the following:
- encouraging young people (whether they have professed a faith or not) to learn more about a given faith and to become more involved inspiritual life
- providing open youth clubs or other activities for the common good of the young people, sometimes without an overtly religious agenda
As well as organizing events and activities, youth ministry will usually include some form of religious instruction and pastoral oversight of young people.
So let’s have Youth Group TONIGHT in the Youth House from 7:00-8:30 pm!
- Burdens and Rest (Matthew 11:28-30) GAME
- Discussion about being unequally yoked (say what!?) – not yolk, but yokes. Who has jokes?
- A special project for our friends (this’ll be fun!)
Happy Wednesday! God loves you and so do we!