Hi, Youth + Parents + Youth Advisors!
Happy December 6th to you! This week, let’s OPEN OUR EARS to listen to what God is sharing with us. What do you hear? What songs are playing? Are bells ringing outside of stores? The Bible says, “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the Earth!” -Psalm 100:1.
How can you make a joyful noise to God?
- Last Wednesday, we listened to “The Little Drummer Boy.” He gave the only gift he had for baby Jesus, he played his simple drum! What can you give to Jesus this year? How can you serve Him? Does it involve any noise?
- Some simple inspiration for making a joyful noise, from the town in MS where I got my name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EU3J5L71z4
December 8 THURSDAY NIGHT -Youth Group, 6:00-
9:15 pm. This is a change!!!
**WEATHER UPDATE: I will post on the Youth Blog by 3:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday) of our final plans. We won’t take any risks driving to the Grotto, so please stay tuned. Backup plan: Youth Group will be Cancelled OR we will have youth group at the Youth House!
December 10 – Cookie Tray assembly from 11:45 am to 2:00 pm (after Pageant rehearsal)–ALL Youth + Parents
- Christmas Cookie Trays is our biggest fundraiser of the year! Every dollar brought in will go to Youth Mission projects and trips…we need your help!
- Pizza provided for those who get there on time. Yumm.
***Required event for ALL YOUTH GOING ON THE SUMMER MISSION TRIP! (details about the trip coming soon!)
- We need youth and parents to help us assemble thousands of Christmas cookies on trays. (No Martha Stewart skills necessary!!) Please bring your favorite Christmas music to share on the gym speakers! (church-appropriate music, please)
December 11 – Worship + Pageant of the Holy Nativity
- We will sell our cookie trays today…our biggest fundraiser of the year!!!! Please text/email me if you are coming!
December 14 -NO YOUTH GROUP because of the upcoming Youth Christmas Party!
December 16-17: 22-hour YOUTH CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!! RSVP by Wednesday, 12/14!
Meet at 7:00 pm on Friday, December 16 in the Youth House; party is over Saturday, Dec 17 at 5:00 pm. REQUIRED RSVP to Laurel @ valleycommunity.org by 12/14!!!!
- Hillsboro Pres Youth are joining us…fun!!
Bring: $15, sleeping bag/pillow/air mattress, co-ed friendly pajamas, and wear your favorite Ugly Christmas sweater (or anything festive/red/green).
Pizza dinner and snacks on Friday night, plus breakfast and lunch on Saturday all included!
Scavenger Hunt and Surprise fun for 22 hours!!! (Yes, you can sleep some, too.) We will eat, have fun, play games, carol, serve, play with kids, earn some money for our mission trips, explore, and do a lot of other fun things that are a surprise. = )
Friends are welcome, but I need a final headcount by Wednesday, December 14!!!!) This will be the most fun we’ve had all year…!
Stay warm, dry, and remember that the Creator of snow and candy canes and twinkly
Christmas lights created every freckle on your skin, every hair on your head, and every muscle that makes up your smile. Use your God-given gifts for good purposes, like encouraging each other! A little kindness goes such a long way.
Blessings to each of you.