- Wednesday, March 15: Youth Group from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Youth House. Pizza & Oxymoron Bible Exploration & Grog.
- Friday, March 17: Movie Night (for all ages!) from 7:00-10:00 pm in the Youth House–a fundraiser for Youth Mission, $3 per person. Wear green or get pinched…St. Patrick’s Day! Green snacks, popcorn and candy for sale, or bring your dinner.
- Movie: Moana!
- Youth (ages 11+) can be dropped off and enjoy the fun; younger siblings need to be accompanied by parents.
- Sunday, March 19: Morning Worship + Youth Bible Study; Confirmation Class at 9:15 – tour and Worship at St. Mary’s Catholic Church!
- Wednesday, March 22: Youth Group from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Gym..DUCT TAPE ROUNDUP!! (Games involving duct tape) & Dinner!
Don’t you love oxymorons, things that shouldn’t go together but do?
- Tiny elephant
- Deafening silence
- virtual reality
WE HUMANS are also an oxymoron–imperfectly perfect. Here’s why:
- We are perfect because we were created in God’s own image (Genesis 1:27)
- We are perfect because our God/Creator is perfect (Matthew 5:48)
- We “imperfectly” show our perfection because we humans make lots of mistakes and fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23)
- When we’re totally honest with God about our mess-ups, our perfect God is right there to help us (Psalm 119:25+)
- And FORGIVENESS is a way to heal the hurt our imperfections cause God/Jesus and other people. Jesus forgave us first, so that we might forgive others. (Ephesians 4:31-32)
- Being imperfectly perfect is an honor, & a humbling thing, too. How do you think of yourself?
Okay, so Friday movie night isn’t exactly an oxymoron, but it’s a weird combo of events–Moana and St. Patrick’s Day. But it works…how?
Green leis! To celebrate Hawaii and Ireland. = ) Come get a green lei to wear Friday night–we’ll have bunches of them!!
See you Wednesday, fellow oxymorons! (I mean that in the most loving way possible.)